Saturday, November 5, 2011

Long live the car-crash hearts

Yesterday, while staring blankly at the laptop screen, I suddenly missed listening to Fall Out Boy. I started listening to them when I was in seventh grade. Back then, we only had dial-up internet so I wasn't able to download their albums. Luckily, one of my mom's friends gave me a copy of From Under the Cork Tree. I really like most of the songs in that album. I was only able to listen to Infinity on High because one of my classmates had a copy of that album. I borrowed his CD but I forgot to save the songs so I decided to download them. I only like a few songs from that album but it felt good listening to all the songs from that album again. Listening to the songs made me feel nostalgic. I remembered how I enjoyed these songs back in first year high school. I couldn't explain clearly how I felt. It's like what you feel when you watch your favorite childhood cartoons and you remember how happy you were watching them. And you just feel happy all over again. I'm really thankful for things like this that don't ever change.

Infinity on High
Incidentally, I got my Comm I and II grades yesterday as well. I got 1.25 for Comm I and 2.00 for Comm II and based on my GWA computations, I'm a University Scholar! Well, I didn't really get a very high grade compared to my classmates but I'm still very happy. I sort of feel bad that I didn't do my best in the term paper but it's okay. I promise to do better next semester. But right now, I'm just gonna enjoy the happiness while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment